Sunday, October 28, 2012

Whirlwind Changes

Sometimes it is crazy how fast things in life can change! Our gut reaction is usually to grind our heels in and try to slow it all down so we can comprehend what is going on. But is that always the best method? Or is it wise to just go with the flow and see where everything takes you?

To be honest there really isn't a right or wrong answer to this, but I can tell you one feels better in the long run and one is more painful along the way! Sometimes trying to slow down everything that is going to go on no matter what is only going to hurt your heels and wear out a great pair of shoes!

After all the changes that I have gone through in the last year or so, I am starting to really believe it all happens for a reason and sometimes its easier and less painful to just go with it and give it a try! I know there are a lot of people that don't believe in fate, or a destined path for us, but I am starting to think there is a reason that these things happen when they do!

Here is my current example, all in one month this is what has happened to myself and my family:
    *Nick got a promotion and started at a new store in our area so no move was needed
    *One of my daughters got tested for Celiacs, tested negative, then went to a GE Dr who said that infact she did have Celiacs.
    *During that appointment I find out that I display all classic symptoms of also having Celiacs, tests in process on that one.
    *While looking for great Gluten Free options for meals since we are hitting this as a united front, I learn of a new product my mom and sister in law found at a womens expo in my home town. Turns out that this is a direct sales company that is looking for an Area Developer in my area. No other reps in the area at all so the whole region would be mine.
    *Find out that the it might be time to get rid of one of our vehicles, which means an additional car payment that we had just cut out of our budget in May.


Now, I have to digress when I talk about my husbands promotion...this is great for the family since we did not have to move for it. BUT we still have to levels to go until he is done with his promotion track. This means, chances are the next move we have will not be anywhere close to where we are now. So here is where the option comes in....drag my heels and figure out what is all going on and which route should we go, or just go with it and realize that maybe things happened this way for a reason.

First, since finding out one of my girls has Celiacs, there is no draging my feet on this one. The diet is gluten free all the way and I jumped head first into this change! No problem there, mainly because my oldest brother was diagnosed with Celiacs at age 2 so I am pretty comfortable with this diet and process. Plus this is my childs health involved, there is no question that I would just go with the flow on it.

Second, finding out that I potentially have Celiacs also, again this one is a no brainer...if my daughter has to have a gluten free diet, we are going at it as a united front. The house has gone gluten free!

Third, the potential new business opportunity for me. Now this is the tough one! The company I am looking at is incredibly amazing. I have been so impressed with everything I have seen so far and think that it is too good of an opportunity to pass up on. Here is why, first its a ground level opportunity so I would have huge potential and no one above me to benefit from my growth(in direct sales that is an amazing opportunity!), second the company invests in you to get started so I have a hand up with getting it all going, third the company offers gluten free products and is looking at trying to expand their gluten free product line.

Ok does this sound amazing or what!?! So you are probably wondering why I have any issues with this at all. Well if we go back to my digression on my husbands promotion, we could move at any time and I would have to up root everything that I would be building here. See  my dilemma....do I start something that could be amazing just to have to move away from it? This is why when we moved up here, we decided I would just be a stay at home mom so I wouldn't have to up and leave something when the time came. The worst part is when my husbands company decides its time to move...its immediate! Such as in November of 2011 we did our first move...he interviewed 11/15 and started working almost 300 miles away from home on 11/28! Yes that gave us 13 days to process it all! Plus then I had to pack up our home and prep it for sale all by myself with 3 yro twins! Fast forward to this October...he interviewed on 10/2 and started 10/15! Again a 13 day turn around with the promotion process! Lucky for us the new store was just south of us so no move needed. Next time though we could be looking at anywhere in an 8 state area! Do I want to start and then leave a business I have built up from the bottom?

Grrrr....can you hear and feel my feet digging into the ground!?! So what does a person do? Well like I said earlier...I have started to realize that maybe just maybe there are reasons for it all! So tomorrow I set up an appointment to speak with the owner of the company to get things rolling with the company! The crazy thing...once I accepted this in my head I was able to get a full night sleep, and physically could feel my shoulders lighten!

So whats the whole point behind this post? Really I am not sure if there is a specific point, other then sometimes whether we dig our heels in or roll with it, things are going to change regardless. So sometimes its just easier to take the easy route and go where the wind takes you! It could be the best thing that happened to you...and if it isnt, change isnt that far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment